DMCA / COPYRIGHT POLICY
We respect copyright regulations and the intellectual property of others. We ask our users to do the same.
Our team at catchinbass.com adheres to the safe harbor provisions of 17 USC. § 512, more commonly known as the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
We respond to written notification of copyright infringements in accordance with the DMCA. If you believe your copyrighted material is being infringed on our website, contact us immediately. We will do our best to provide swift resolution of the issue.
Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner (or an agent of a copyright owner) and believe any user material posted on our sites infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a Notification of Claimed Infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by sending a letter to our Compliance Team at the address found at the bottom of this page.
Your claim must substantially comply with the safe harbor provisions of the DMCA. Your notice of claim must be written and include ALL of the following:
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are posted on a single web page and you notify us about all of them in a single notice, you may provide a representative list of such works found at the site.
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing on the copyrighted work, and information sufficient to locate that material on our website (such as the page url of the infringing material).
- A statement that you have a “good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- A statement that “the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Your contact information so that we can reply to your notice, preferably including an e-mail address and telephone number. The more contact information we have, the easier it is for us to resolve your claim quickly.
- The notice must be physically or electronically signed by the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a Notification of Claimed Infringement. Please note that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim of copyright infringement. Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing may be subject to liability.
Please also be advised that, in appropriate circumstances, we will terminate the accounts of users/subscribers who repeatedly misidentify copyrighted material or violate the terms or spirit of our policy. We reserve sole discretion in determining when, how and what action to take.
Counter Notification of Copyright Infringement
- If you believe material was removed in error, you may send a Counter Notification to our Designated Copyright Agent at the address provided below.
- To file a Counter Notification with us, you must send us an e-mail that sets forth the items specified below:
- a. Clearly identify the material that we have removed or to which we have disabled access.
- b. Provide your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- c. Provide a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or Salt Lake City, UT if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who the provided notification of claimed infringement to which your notice relates or an agent of such person.
- d. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- e. Sign the notice. An electronic signature (i.e. your typed name) or scanned physical signature will be accepted.
- If we receive a Counter Notification from you, we may forward it to the party who submitted the original Notification of Claimed Infringement. The Counter Notification we forward may include some of your personal information, such as your name and contact information. By submitting a Counter Notification, you consent to have your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the Counter Notification to any party other than the original claimant unless required or expressly permitted to do so by law.
After we send out the Counter Notification, the original claimant must respond to us within 10 business days stating he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on our website.
Please note that we may not be able to contact you if we receive a Notification of Copyright Infringement about material you posted online. In accordance with our Terms of Service, we reserve the right to permanently remove any content at our sole discretion
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a Counter Notification of Copyright Infringement. Please note that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim. Under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Termination of Subscriber Accounts
We reserve the right to take administrative actions including, but not limited to, the right to terminate accounts when, in our sole determination, it is appropriate to do so. We will terminate the accounts of users/subscribers who repeatedly misidentify copyrighted material or violate the terms or spirit of our policy. We reserve sole discretion in determining when, how and what action to take.
DMCA Compliance Team Contact Information
Notices with respect to this website should be sent to:
Attention: DMCA Compliance Team
5784 Windwood Way
New Market, MD 21774
In order to attempt to resolve issues more quickly, we have set up an online form. You can reach it here: https://catchinbass.com/dmca-inquiry While we attempt to resolve all issues promptly, our online form does not constitute a formal DMCA complaint or notice and does not replace the required written notice. You may still need to submit a written notice via mail pursuant to the DMCA provisions if a resolution is not reached.
Our DMCA Compliance Team should only be contacted in regards to alleged copyright or intellectual property issues. Other feedback, comments, questions, technical support and other communication should be directed to our support team: https://catchinbass.com/contact-us
If you have questions about these policies or need additional help, please contact us here: https://catchinbass.com/contact-us